Translate

Tuesday, June 5, 2012


Vegan 

I've been stalking reading a few vegan food blogs for a few years and it inspires me to eat healthier (sometimes). It was also through these blogs that I was introduced to oat milk, rice milk, almond milk, cashew butter, tempeh etc.


I went through a phase where I tried to eat vegan (lasted roughly less than a week) but I've never actually been to a vegan restaurant until now.


Met up with a friend who suggested we go to The Vegie Bar which serve vegetarian, vegan and raw food. Don't be confused by the most obvious door at the corner of Brunswick and Rose because you'll realise after a minute of pushing and tugging, it just doesn't open and everyone in the restaurants just sitting there staring at you. Oops! Instead walk to the next door which opens to reveal a bustling world of people clearly enjoying their meat free meals of choice. The furniture consists of bits and pieces of mismatched tables, chairs and benches. 


My friend ordered a fresh juice whilst I ordered a raw cocoa nibs smoothie with almond milk. It was quite grainy and slightly bitter but I guess I shouldn't of expected it to taste like a chocolate milkshake. 
For lunch my friend ordered the Mexican Burrito, can't remember what went into it but it looked really good.
Myself ordered the Raw Stack. It was a stack in the following order - mushroom, pesto, zucchini, carrot, spinach, dehydrated slices of tomato and a side of more lettuce with two stripes of some dehydrated vegie thing which tasted quite good. I definitely felt really healthy after that lunch and will definitely be back. 

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment